Karner Blue Education CenterProgram: Neurobiological Disorders (NBD) ProgramStudents Served: Kindergarten - 8Disabilities: Students with Autism, emotional and behavioral disorders, and cognitive disabilities.Parents/Guardians: Please work with your school district as they will be responsible for completing the referral process.
Program Location: Contact:3764 95th Avenue NEBlaine, MN 55014Phone: 651.415.6200Fax: 651.415.6275Val Rae Boe, ManagerPhone: 651.415.6203Tammy Bednar, Assistant ManagerPhone: 651.415.6201Naomi Lepore, Assistant ManagerPhone: 651.415.6202Karner Blue Education Center was designed to address the specific needs of students with Autism, emotional and behavioral disorders, and cognitive disabilities. The environmental supports provided by the building design create a controlled space for students in which to learn, play, and relax. The focus on nature provides a calming atmosphere, and educational philosophies tied to nature and place build student's connections to their world. Karner Blue Education Center utilizes the Compassionate School model, which supports both physical and emotional health by helping students build relationships, self-regulate and achieve success in both academic and non-academic areas.Specialized Services
- Proactive behavior strategies
- Flexible and differentiated learning communities based on student needs
- Individual/small group instruction
- Naturalistic opportunities
- Full range of related services including: speech/language, occupational/physical therapy, nursing, assistive technology, social work, mental health and Autism support
- Developmental adaptive physical education and recreation/leisure/play instruction
- Interactive SMART Board and iPad technology
- Extended school year program as required by IEP
The educational planning process involves a team of school district staff parents, agency professionals and Northeast Metro 916 staff.
Referrals are made through the special education director of the student's home district.
Transportation is provided by the home district.
Students in grades Kindergarten though 8
Students with Autism spectrum disorders (ASD), developmental cognitive disabilities (DCD), and emotional behavioral disorders (EBD) Students whose educational needs cannot be met in their home district